On 14 April 2016, MPI Belgium celebrated the first ever Global Meetings Industry Day in the citycenter of Brussels. The day started out with our Meetings Go Green workshop on sustainable purchasing & zero-waste communication. During the afternoon, our focus shifted to the topic of communication on a larger scale.
The information below relates only to the Meetings Go Green workshop held during #GMID16.
Prevention is better than cure. Reusable, edible or biodegradable plates and cups, recycled packaging … Our third “Meetings Go Green” workshop explored how to create and implement sustainable purchasing decisions to reduce the negative environmental impact of your events.
The implementation of a greener purchasing programme reduces the burden on the environment, while at the same time benefiting your business by reducing costs. It’s also great CSR, you give attendees “green” products and environmentally conscious businesses.
Click on the links to open the presentation.
- • Introduction /MPI Belgium, YUZU Event & Communication
- • Sustainable purchasing policy /Coduco
- • Teambuilding zero waste in the mountains /Delta Lloyd Life
- • Future ISO guidance on sustainable procurement /CAP Conseil
- • Edible and creative containers /DO Eat
- • Sustainable communication /Freeman Greenwood
- • Reducing catering food waste and cut costs /Be Organic Factory
- Photos can be viewed on our Facebook page, and purchased via the Photobizz’s webshop. Create an account and use the code BRUSSELS to view the photos.
- All those who participated in #GMID16 received a personal coupon code to purchase photos. Missed the code? Contact our team to retrieve it.