The MPI Belgium Chapter is holding an event in conjunction with the Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID) on April 14. Come to the center of Brussels for a morning workshop to grow your knowledge on sustainable purchasing & zero-waste communication, and an afternoon with talks from thought leaders in the field.
In 2016, MPI Belgium’s annual BE Conference is being held on the first ever Global Meetings Industry Day. The volunteer leaders have planned an exciting full day event where communication, interaction and sustainability are central. Attendees will leave #GMID16 Belgium with new ideas, inspiration and new contacts.
The morning of #GMID16 will cover a range of initiatives and ideas for zero-waste communication and purchasing policies in the form of a workshop. During the afternoon, our focus will shift to the topic of communication on a larger scale. Top speakers will address the audience:
- Inspiring Opening Address by Alexandre Bodart Pinto
- Presenting & Public Speaking (Title tbc) by Lars Sudmann
- Stimulating Conversation: How To Get People Talking by Jeffer London
- Cultural Differences and Diversity When Doing Business Internationally by Chris Smit
- Sushi instead of steak please: Gender intellegence for meeting profs by Michèle Mees
- Address by MPI international chair Fiona Pelham
Speakers during the morning session on smart purchasing & zero waste communication include:
- Thibaut Gilquin – DO Eat: Edible and creative containers
- Jonathan Martens – Coduco: Sustainable purchasing policy
- Siviglia Berto – Delta Lloyd Life: Teambuilding zero waste in the mountains
- Dan Azria – Freeman Greenwood: Sustainable communication
- Marie-Hélène Dembour – CAP Conseil: Sustainable trade, responsible supply chain
- Isabelle Ratzel /Be Organic Factory: How to reduce catering food waste and cut costs
VP Education, Mieke Barbé, explains the meetovation concept that will be used at the event. “The European Meetings & Events Conference (EMEC) which took place in Copenhagen earlier this month implemented the meetovation concept from A-Z. Our colleagues at MPI Denmark inspired us to share this recently developed meeting design concept in Belgium. Those attending GMID will experience local inspiration, responsible thinking, active involvement and an effective physical setting.”
Event StoryBoard Canvas
Martijn Timmermans and Tim Corporaal will introduce attendees to the Event StoryBoard Canvas (ESBC) concept. By implemeting this event design tool, MPI Belgium will let the #GMID16 participants co-create the 2017 BE Conference. The ESCB canvas will help MPI Belgium step into the audience’s shoes and together they’ll design the customer journey for the next BE conference through their eyes. By using simple techniques, the ESBC stimulates the design of tailor made events in just 5 steps.
The Global Meetings Industry Day
The Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID) is fast approaching and builds on the success of the “North America Meeting Industry Day”. It’s for the first time that the Meetings Mean Business Coalition is working with partners all over the world to showcase the real impact that business meetings, conferences, exhibitions and more have on people, business and communities.
“When first hearing about GMID, I brought the idea of organizing an event back to the board,” said Pieter Allaerts, President of MPI Belgium. “Given the headquarters of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is on the Board of Directors of the coalition, everyone in our Belgium Chapter agreed we had to do something special.”
So where will you be on April 14th?
- When?: 14 April 2016, from 9:00 – 18:45.
- Where? Brussels Information Point – bip.brussels, Koningsstraat 2-4, 1000 Brussel
- Tickets can be bought for a full day, morning only, or afternoon only.
- More information: http://beconf.com
- Meetings Mean Business Coalition: http://www.meetingsmeanbusiness.com/