Punta Cana, Dominican Republic is positioned as a leading MICE destination in the Caribbean. According to the news media “Access.DR”, the Barceló Bávaro Beach Resorts Convention Center alone will already be holding 20 international conferences and conventions this year.
This convention centre hosted the 2015 version of the Dominican Annual Tourism Exchange (DATE) which is took place from the 28th until the 30th of April, it is a tourism fair organized by the Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Dominican Republic, with the support of the Ministry of Tourism. It’s the most important event of the tourist business in the country; bringing together tour operators, travel agents, airlines, hotels and tourism professionals from all areas.
Punta Cana has it!
Punta Cana is known all over the world for stunning beaches, upscale hotels, romantic settings, and 10 amazing golf courses, including those designed by Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Nick Price. This is a destination for fishing and watersports activities. Ecotourism activities also abound. When deciding where to send your best salespeople of the year, the anticipation of a stay in Punta Cana will have your team members working extra hard to make the incentive trip. The challenge of ziplining in Cap Cana or Anamuya jungle is sure to build camaraderie.
The East Coast beach region has over 40,000 hotel rooms, so there is a size and style for everyone. Furthermore, Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) is the best-connected airport in the Caribbean and Central America, with flights from 26 countries. Now its brand new highway puts tourists less than an hour away from the attractions of La Romana, and two and a half hours from Santo Domingo.
Upcoming Meetings And Conventions Events
- International Bikini Model Search: 14 / 20 May (Barceló Convention Centre)
- Central American and Caribbean Parasitological and Tropical Medicine: 12 June (Barceló Convention Centre)
- Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum: 19 / 20 October (Barceló Convention Centre)
- XVII Congress of the Latin American Nutrition Society: 8 / 12 November (Barceló Convention Centre)
- XII Central American and Caribbean Integration and Updated Beekeeping: 24 / 26 June (Barceló Convention Centre)
- Pan American Valuation Congress: November (Hard Rock Punta Cana)
- Latin American Congress of Internal Medicine (SOLAMI 2015): 20 / 24 May (Barceló Convention Centre)
- XXXI Inter-American Accounting Conference: 17 / 20 September (Barceló Convention Centre)
- XXIV International Congress of Neurology and Neurosurgery: 1 / 4 October (Barceló Convention Centre)
- The XX Latin American Congress of Strabismus (CLADE): April 29 to 02 May (Barceló Convention Centre)
Top Convention Centers
Barceló & Resorts Convention Center
It is the largest and most modern in the Dominican Republic and one of the biggest in the Caribbean, with 11,500 square meters distributed in 13 halls of different characteristics, which in turn are subdivided into 24 rooms to hold activities for twenty up to five thousand attendants.
Paradisus Palma Real Convention Center.
It opened with 2,335 square meters of multi functional and flexible space; 15 rooms, option of service including personalization and style for any meeting, convention or event. Its halls exhibit high ceilings of up to 29 meters offering a wide range of stand creations and can accommodate up activities to 850 guests.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Convention Centre
Convention centre of 6,038 square meters, with capacity for 5,000 people; with the latest in technology for most complex and demanding productions.